Go Green @ Ascott
Earth, our only home, has been sustaining life in a unique cycle of self-renewal for so long that we often take for it granted.
But the Earth is under severe threat. Its resources are being depleted faster than it can be replenished, and it is suffering the ravages of imprudent use and abuse. The only way we can slow down, and perhaps even reverse, the damage that has already been done is to transform our business practices and cultivate a Green mindset.
Did you know:
- For every ton of paper you recycle, you save: 7,000 gallons of water; 380 gallons of oil; and enough electricity to power an average house for six months.
- The energy saved from one recycled aluminium can will operate a television for three hours.
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle will light a 100-watt light bulb for four hours.
- Recycling a glass bottle causes 20% less air pollution and 50% less water pollution than when a new bottle is made from raw materials.
- Recycled paper produces 73% less air pollution than if it were made from raw materials.
The hospitality industry is among the industries with a significant environmental footprint. At Ascott, we believe we have to act responsibly. As the leading international serviced residence owner-operator, Ascott is uniquely positioned to play an active role in transforming business practices and employee mindsets to make them more eco-friendly. As a company, we see it as our responsibility to help set an example for our staff and the industry to make Earth a better home for all. This translates to our Green vision of being “the leading Green serviced residence company”.
Going Green is not just an investment for the long term. With more breakthroughs in Green technology and practices, and more Green products available, we can be Green while maintaining our characteristically excellent quality of service. In fact, being part of the Green experience makes us all direct beneficiaries of Green creativity and innovation.
Going Green also opens up new opportunities to work with other eco-minded associates and clients who would, otherwise, not have crossed our paths. This widens everyone’s network and increases relationships.
Of course, being Green goes perfectly with our ultimate commitment to people. We show we care for people by showing our care for the very Earth we all share. Defining Global Green Living.